Don't Wish your Life Away

When my daughters were growing up and they were looking forward to a particular event that was coming up they would always say, "I can't wait!" referring to the event that was coming up. Sometimes they would say, "I wish it was," someday in the future. I would inevitably tell them, "don't wish your life away." How often do we do the same thing? Not living life to the fullest each and every day but always looking for future events.

When I named this blog, "Most of Life is "Every day" I wanted to remind all of us to look at each day of our life as a gift from God and to make those twenty-four hours meaningful to ourselves and those who make up your world.


The other day I had planned what needed to be done and one of those jobs was to catch up on my ironing. I had about forty pieces that were calling my name.  I think I started counting pieces of items that needed to be ironed when years ago I paid my daughter $.50 for each piece she ironed.


I had heard about the movie "Courageous" and what a great movie it was so I asked my husband if he wanted to take me on a date that afternoon and go to the movie.  He seemed pleasantly surprised and said, "Sure!".  That day I had a wonderfully relaxing afternoon at a local movie theater on a weekday eating popcorn and watching an inspirational movie with my best friend.




My husband reminded me of his grandma's advice to us before we got married.  She said when her husband said let's go somewhere she decided to not be concerned about the sink full of dishes but to take her apron off and put her shoes on and go with her husband when he was ready to go.  They had 60 years of marriage so I guess that was good advice!


Until next time remember that most of life is every day!

Comments

Popular Posts