Jansen, my Orator Grandson


Today is my grandson Jansen's, 13th birthday. He has red hair, a few freckles across his nose, and dimples when he smiles. He has a very outgoing personality and is the type person who has never met a stranger.  
Jansen Alan Dow

His first name Jansen means God's gift and cherished one. His middle name Alan means harmonious one, handsome, cheerful, and friendly one.

He was a very happy and contented baby and just slept, ate, and smiled a lot. Look at that red hair! 

Sweet baby Jansen
Precious toddler
When he was a toddler he loved to wear any hat he could find!
Fireman hat on sideways
Loves his hats

I love this picture of him in front of my house sitting on the bale of hay!
Look at that cute smile!

He was given all his older brothers' Legos and he became quite a builder of starships, other forms of transportation, and many types of weapons.

Jansen's Lego Creations
Lego Space Ship
Even in kindergarten, he was a talkative child. But his teachers loved him and encouraged his outgoing personality.
Jansen at Kindergarten Graduation
Jansen is also the grandson who is the most military-minded. He loved to have fatigue backpacks, fatigue clothing, army guys and guns. When he was about six or seven years old, he would always tell me when he came over that he had secured the perimeter of my home and I was safe. It sure was a nice feeling to know my grandson was my protector and had everything under control.

At the Daisy BB Gun Museum
 He also went through the superhero stage and here he is dressed up like Batman and Power Ranger. 

Jansen, Alias Batman
Power Ranger Jansen
He played baseball when he was in elementary school and we loved going to his games.  He played outfield and was also a catcher.
Add caption

He has been through several phases in his life when it comes to toys but whatever phase he is in he does it with gusto.  He will talk, talk, talk about his latest fad! I believe he has a teaching gift because he will say, "Memaw, do you want me to show you how to work my Nintendo 3DS?" or, "do you want me to explain this video game?" and proceeds to give me a tutorial. Being the wonderful grandma I am, I nod my head at the appropriate times and ask simple questions that he loves to answer.  

He was pretty excited about getting a Nintendo 3DS 


Last year my daughter enrolled him in a drama club that was putting on the play, "The Orphan Train."  Jansen played three characters, Henry, James, and Danny.  When he performed the extensive speaking part of Danny he also sang three songs acapella, Beautiful Doll, I'm a Yankee Doodle Dandy, and Bicycle Built for Two. I was very impressed.  He definitely has natural gifting for performing.

In the play, "The Orphan Train."

He is good friends with his boy cousins on both his mom and dad's side of the family. They are always talking about the latest video game or other things that interest boys. 
Cousins and friends
Boy cousins, Zachary, Jansen, Loren, and Addison
Jansen & Zachary at Victory Christian Center
I am always amazed at his acceptance of being a middle child. He is content with his birth order. His older brother often takes him places and even with their age difference of six years they get along great. Jansen is also so willing to play with his younger brother and three-year-old Owen loves it.

Brooks, Shana, Owen, Matt, Jansen


Father and sons trip to Colorado
Jansen is sensitive to the things of God and loves to pray. When he prays, his prayers are filled with the Word of God and he has such great faith to believe that God hears and will answer his petitions.

I am so glad that God blessed me with a wonderful, red-headed grandson who is full of joy and contentment. I know that God has great plans for his life and I look forward to seeing the unfolding of those plans in his life.



Jansen, enjoying life!










Comments

  1. I love Jansen enthusiasm for everything! He always makes me smile. I remember when I got to Christmas dinner one year he said to me as I was walking in, "Have no fear! I have the perimeter secured!" Wow!! Thanks Jansen!! Always good to know the perimeter is secured! Love it!! Happy birthday Jansen, we love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahaha! I loved the secured perimeter too!! I love Jansen! What a happy, joyful, exuberant young man! Great pics too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts