What to do When Life Throws you a Curve


Life does not consist of one long straight road with everything mapped out perfectly.


 

Real life is a road that has curves, detours, rest stops and scenic views.

Recently we experienced one of those curves in our life. We were cruising down the road of life and "bam" here comes a major curve. At that moment we had to decide how we were going to maneuver on this curve.   

The first thing we had to agree upon as a couple was that we were going to watch the words that came out of our mouths, keep our hearts right and move forward into the new season of life God has for us.

Here are some scriptures we put into action:

Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome."

II Chronicles 16:9 - "I keep my heart perfect toward God so that He shows Himself strong on my behalf."

John 17:17 - "God's word is truth. I believe His word and not my circumstances."

Romans 10:8 - "The Word of God is near me. It is in my mouth and in my heart."

Nehemiah 8:10 - "The joy of the Lord is my strength. Joy comes to me!"

Ephesians 5:2 - "I walk in love, even as Christ has loved me."

Philippians 4:6-7 - "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your request be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds though Christ Jesus."

Some days this was not easy in the natural but we knew it was necessary for us to be able to move to the next season.

I meet so many people that have never recovered from a disappointment, dilemma, or diversion in their life. They have a tendency to rehearse, nurse, and curse that situation from years ago.  I find this very sad, as you can get stuck in life if you don't release it and move on.

If life has recently thrown you a curve, I hope this blog post will help you get back on the life that God has designed for you.

Comments

Popular Posts