Love is in the Air!




February is a month where love is in the air! You see more ads and commercials for flowers, cards, candy, and jewelry than any other month in the year. This is to promote Valentine's Day!


I remember in grade school we decorated shoe boxes for Valentine cards. There was excitement and anticipation of receiving lots of valentine cards but especially from that special someone! 



Here is a few vintage Valentine cards from the 1950s!



I am a strong advocate of love. I love my husband of 54 years more each day. It was love at first sight with my daughters and grandchildren! I love my siblings, family members, and friends. But when I read God's word I realized I haven't even scratched the surface in the area of love.

God's love is so much more. Jeremiah 31:3  "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness." This kind of love is eternal, endless, never-ending, perpetual, undying, abiding, enduring, infinite, boundless, and timeless. As a believer, we can have the love of God all year long and that far exceeds a one-day-a-year event.

If you grew up in a loving family you were blessed but I know many of you that read this blog did not experience that kind of childhood. I would encourage you to accept the love of God on this Valentine's Day and allow His love to fill your heart. In this world, we often say or imply that I will love you if you do certain things. God's love is unconditional. there are no strings attached. There is, nothing you have to do to receive it except to ask Him for it and receive it by faith. 

When I am struggling with my love walk I personalize these scriptures in I Corinthians 13:4-8:

"I am very patient and kind, never jealous or envious, never boastful or proud. I am never haughty or selfish or rude. I do not demand my own way. I am not irritable or touchy. I do not hold grudges and I hardly even notice when others do me wrong. I am never glad about injustice, but rejoice whenever the truth wins out. If I love someone, I will be loyal to them no matter what the cost. I will always believe in them, always expect the best of them, always stand my groups in defending them."

Four things you need to know:
  • God Loves You
  • Sin Separates People From God
  • Jesus Died For Your Sins
  • You Can Receive Jesus Now and Know God's Love
If you want to accept God's love here is a simple prayer you can pray:

Heavenly Father, in Jesus name I repent of my sins and open my heart to let Jesus come inside of me. Jesus, you are my Lord and Savior. I believe you died for my sins and you were raised from the dead. Fill me with your Holy Spirit. Thank you Father for saving me in Jesus' name. Amen

If you prayed this prayer please email me or comment on this blog.






Comments

Popular Posts