Watch What You Say!




I am normally a very positive person and I don't have negative comments in my conversations.  But I realized that there was a phrase I started using a few months ago that was causing me some problems.


 I had something happen a while back that was disappointing and expressed to someone that "I was disappointed."  It wasn't long before another incident happened and I once again expressed that "I was disappointed."  About a month went by and I had opportunities to use that phrase a couple more times. One day I went to use the phrase and I felt I was not to say it. I came home and looked up the meaning of that word and realized that I needed to get that word out of my vocabulary!

Disappointed means - sad or displeased because someone or something has failed to fulfill one's hopes and expectations.



The synonyms for disappointed are: upset, saddened, let down, cast down, disheartened, downhearted, downcast, depressed, dispirited, discouraged, despondent, dismayed, crestfallen, and distressed.

How often do we say things without realizing the full ramifications of those words? This scripture tells us the power of our words:
 




This is a progression of the importance of watching what we say! I would encourage you to make yourself accountable to another person for a week and have them help you speak positive, faith-filled words over yourself and others.


Comments

Popular Posts