The Best Memaw in the Galaxy!

 A couple weeks ago my five-year-old grandson Owen came over for a day with his Memaw. I knew when he arrived that he was full of energy and imagination. It didn't take me long to know I was in for a power-packed day of entering the world of a boy who was growing up in a visual world of superheroes, good guys versus bad guys, activity, and action.


He went to the toy bins and pulled out all the matchbox cars and began to set up the police cars on one side and the race cars on the other side. He informed us we were playing cops and robbers. He even set up a jail for the bad guys.

After then we became survivors on an island after a plane crash. He became very creative in locating water and food. He even wanted me to spell the words, "HELP" on the seashore. Then it was time for real snacks for a busy little boy.

The day continued with his imagination coming up with new scenarios and me trying to keep my laundry going. 


When the day was over and his mom came to pick him up he gave me a hug and said, "you are the best Memaw in the galaxy." I might not have got all my housework done but it was worth it to bestowed with such an awesome title!









Comments

Popular Posts