HOW IS YOUR LOVE WALK?



In a few days, we will be celebrating Valentine's Day. It is often about receiving a beautiful Hallmark card, dinner at your favorite restaurant, flowers, candy, perfume, or jewelry. We have often made this day all about us. I believe it can be a day to show others our love walk not just our love talk.


Years ago someone gave me a sheet of paper with these scriptures and they labeled it "Love Confession." Every day I began to say these scriptures over my life and I felt like I was falling short of what these Bible scriptures said.  One day I prayed and told God I felt like a liar as my life was not lining up with this confession. God gently spoke to my heart and said as I continued to speak His word in faith I would begin to see myself walking in love with others.

Here is the love confession from I Corinthians 13:4-8

I am very patient and kind, never jealous or envious,
never boastful or proud. I am never haughty or selfish or rude.

I do not demand my own way. I am not irritable or touchy. I do not hold grudges and hardly even notice when others do me wrong.

I am never glad about injustice, but rejoice whenever the truth wins out.

If I love someone, I will be loyal to them no matter what the cost. I will always believe in them, always expect the best of them, always stand my ground in defending them, I never fail for I am that person You want me to be.  Amen

I would encourage you to speak these scriptures over your life for at least 21 days and begin to see God do a work in your life in your love walk!

Here are some ideas that I did for others on Valentine's day:
  • For several years I took some of my single lady friends out to lunch at a nice restaurant and gave them chocolate rose. They said they never liked Valentine's Day as they felt excluded and unloved but began to look forward to February 14 as it was a day of showing them they were loved.
  •  I have also invited some of my widow ladies friends over for dinner on Valentine's day and served them a nice meal and gave them flowers and candy and prayed for them.

Once you begin to walk in love with others God will show you how to show them they are loved, valued, and appreciated.  

 

Comments

Popular Posts