My Kitchen Renovation - Part 3



The next step in the kitchen renovation was to get some bids on our new kitchen cabinets. Our first bid was from Lowe's and also two cabinet makers. We toured the shop of one of the cabinet makers and decided to go with Tom Lee at Tulsa Cabinet Works. Here are a few pictures of the process.
My new island
All the cabinet doors
Pantry door





Tom is on the right
The next step was to pick out the pulls and knobs for the cabinets. Oh, my decisions, decisions, and more decisions!

While the cabinets were being built we were stripping off the wallpaper on the kitchen walls and priming them for a new coat of paint. The color we chose was Sherwin Williams oyster bay. My niece came over a couple weekends and painted the walls.

It was now time to choose the granite. We met Jeff Lowe (Carrera Stoneworks) at the granite warehouse to select the color and design for our stovetop island and kitchen counters. Here is a picture of the first piece with the sink cutout.


Granite for countertop

Our island had always set at an angle and caused a bottleneck by the refrigerator. When we relocated the island it allowed us to install a larger piece of granite. I think my favorite part of the renovation is having extra space around the island.

I am very grateful for my daughter Lisa who went with us to pick out flooring, cabinets, granite, sink, faucet, and paint. She has a real knack for being able to see how colors will blend together. 

When the granite was installed and then the sink and faucet I knew there was light at the end of the tunnel. Below is my makeshift coffee station (which I put in my entryway) and my makeshift sink that we used for 2 1/2 months during the entire renovation.
 


 In my next blog, I will reveal the newly renovated kitchen!






  

Comments

Popular Posts