My Grandson Owen


 Owen is my 6th grandchild. The meaning of his name has a
traditional Welsh meaning: is a young warrior, well-born, and noble.




He was a very sweet baby, toddler, and grade school child. He loved playing with race cars, Legos, and the list goes on. 




He grew up in a family with a brother 16 years older and another brother 10 years older. Owen had a sensitive nature so the brothers had to learn to not tease him too much.


Owen loves to draw and I have a folder full of his artwork. I was sure he was going to be an artist when he grew up.

Then the day came when he got his first Kindle and began to play Mine Craft. He would show me his buildings, cities, homes with furniture, etc. So then I thought he would be an amazing architect.




The day came when he became the older brother and had a playmate. He loved to teach his younger brother how to play with all the toys he loved at that age. I then thought he would be a great teacher.

 







Last summer he began to write stories that were really good. He would read them to us and I was quite impressed with his storylines.  He is also not afraid of public speaking as he recently had a history presentation and was calm, cool, and collected through the whole speech. We love having conversations as he is quite a thinker and has formed some great concepts in life. So I knew that he would be a great writer.
   
I may not know his future occupation but I do know that Owen loves corn on the cob, watermelon, and coffee. 
His favorite restaurant is Chipotle. His favorite form of activity is his scooter. 
I know he is becoming who God wants him to be and right now he is a sweet, a kind-hearted young man who will be celebrating his double-digit birthday which he has been looking forward to for some time.
 




 

I truly believe he has been taught to be a young warrior and is well-born and a very noble young man! 

Happy 10th Birthday Owen

My daughter and son-in-law with their four sons






Comments

Popular Posts