The Fruit of the Spirit Love - Galatians 5:22-23 Part 1


FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT - LOVE

The first fruit of the spirit we will discuss is the fruit of love.
When we think of love it is usually about a spouse, children, parents, siblings, friends. We also casually refer to this word about "loving" ice cream, pizza, and many other things.
 
But this fruit of the spirit goes way beyond this type of love. The fruit of the spirit "love" is what we receive from God. He loved us for no reason. There is no condition behind this kind of love. He just loved us. In the same manner, we should love others without condition.

Here are a few scriptures about the love of God. 

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that He gave his only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.   I John 4:7-8 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love. Romans 5:5 And hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.       
Love Confession
Here is something you can speak over yourself to grow in the fruit of the spirit.

For this day, Heavenly Father, I release my love according to Your Word in I Corinthians 13:4-8, that:

I am very patient and kind, never jealous or envious, never boastful or proud. I am never haughty or selfish or rude.

I do not demand my own way. I am not irritable or touchy. I do not hold grudges and I hardly even notice when others do me wrong.

I am never glad about injustice, but rejoice whenever the truth wins out.

If I love someone, I will be loyal to them no matter what the cost. I will always believe in them, always expect the best in them, always stand my ground in defending them.

I never fail - for I am that person You want me to be.


Comments

Popular Posts