The importance of Enjoying your Golden Years

 I enjoy visiting older women who have lots of stories! Many of them had regrets in their lives and others wanted to talk about their aches and pains. Others would tell senior jokes which grieved my heart. One day when came home from those visits I got righteous indignation. and decided it was time to not just listen to seniors who were becoming very negative but to look through the Bible on senior living. I found 29 wonderful scriptures on Golden Years. 

SCRIPTURES FOR GOLDEN YEARS

Exodus 23:25-26 – “As I serve the Lord, He will bless my bread and water and take sickness away from me and I will fulfill the number of my days.”

Deuteronomy 33:25b – “As my days, so shall my strength be.”

Deuteronomy 34:7 – My eyes will not dim nor will my natural forces diminish.

Job 8:7 – “Though my beginning was small, my latter end will increase abundantly.”

Job 42:12 – “The Lord will bless the latter days of my life more than my beginning.”

Psalm 34:20 – “He guards all my bones.”

Psalm 55:22 – “He will not permit the godly to slip and fall.”

Psalm 73:6 – “God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.”

Psalm 91:16 – “He will satisfy me with long life and show me His salvation.”

Psalm 92:14 – “I will bear fruit in my old age and shall be fresh and flourishing. (Full of spiritual vitality)”

Psalm 103:3 – “He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases.”

Psalm 103:5 – “He satisfies my mouth with good thing, so that my youth is renewed like the eagles.”

Proverbs 3:2 – “My heart will keep your commands for length of day and long life and peace will be added to me.”

Proverbs 9:11 – “For by me your days will be multiplied, and years of life will be added to you.”

Proverbs 10:7 – “The memory of the righteous is blessed.”

Proverbs 10:27 – “The fear of the Lord prolongs days.”

Proverbs 14:30 – “A sound heart is life to my body.” (A relaxed attitude will lengthen my life)

Isaiah 40:29 – “He gives power to the faint and weary, and to him who has no might He increases strength (causing it to multiply and making it abound).”

Isaiah 40:31- “As I wait on the Lord, I shall renew my strength; I will mount up with wings like eagles, I will run and not be weary, I will walk and not faint.”

Jeremiah 30:17 – “I will restore health to you, and heal you of your wounds,” says the Lord

Ezekiel 36:26 – “I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you.”

Matthew 8:17 – “He took our sickness and removed our diseases.”

Matthew 13:16 – “Blessed are my eyes for they see and my ears for they hear.”

I Corinthians 2:16b – “We have the mind of Christ.”

I Peter 2:24 – “By His stripes I am healed.”

Psalms 37:23-24 – The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand.

Psalm 55:22 – Cast your burden on the Lord (releasing the weight of it) and He will sustain you; He will never allow the (consistently) righteous to be moved (made to slip, fall, or fail).

Isaiah 35:3 – Strengthen the feeble hands, steady the knees that give way.

Proverbs 3:7-8 – Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and depart from evil. It will be health to your flesh, and strengthen to you bones.

2 Timothy 1:7 – You have not given me a spirit of fear, but of power and love, and a sound mind.

 

Comments

Popular Posts