Derecho is something you never want to experience!

We live in Oklahoma and have seen many tornados and thankful that we have never been in one!!

We had no idea what would happen when we heard the weathermen talking about the Derecho Straight line wind speed of 58 miles per hour or more. When the wind started I was shocked how strong and loud it was. I begin to pray and asked God to protect our home. We did have roof damage and large trees in our front and back yard. I had never see that much destruction! We had wind speed of 90 to100 mph!!

Add to it we began to have utility blackouts. We were thankful we didn't have utility blackouts. My daughter called and asked if our younger grandsons could come over and stay with us for a while. My youngest grandson said "Memaw I an so glad to come to your house as I was too hot and couldn't breathe good. His mother brought stack food for growing boys and had my counter full of growing boys snacks!

We had a man who did tree surgery come and cut down the big hunks, and limbs. He was able to take them the the right location. One of my daughters said when the electrity guys showed up in their subdivision all the residends shouted their thanks. Those guys were the heros!!

When it all ended I thought how we are so dependent on electriciy and how we need to show our appreciation  to many people who climbed pools  in high degrees of  weather to helped people get their airconditions back on! If you know these brave people give them kudos!


 






 


Comments

Popular Posts