Seasons of Life


I love living in a state that has all four seasons, but my favorite season is fall. I enjoy seeing the beautiful foliage when the leaves turn yellow, rust, orange, and red. Recently I was in my backyard and watched the leaves gently falling off my 40 ft oak tree. The trees seem to accept that the autumn was over and that it is time to move into another season. The trees don't bawl and squall, but accept this seasonal change. 

Just as there are natural seasons there are also seasons of life. A season is a specific length of time, characterized by the occurrence of certain conditions or events. 

Eccelesiastes 3:1 - "To everything, there is a season, a time for every purpose under the heaven."

I have experienced some wonderful seasons in my life, but when that season was up I needed to move on to the new season of life. 
  • I loved the season of dating and falling in love with my husband.
  • I loved the season of being a newlywed.
  • I loved the season of being a young mother.
  • I loved the season of being a mother of teens.
  • Then I loved the season of allowing our daughters to experience the same seasons I had experienced, to fall in love, get married, and have a family.


We can apply this to so many areas of our life. It may be a season of working at a job you loved but having that season come to an end. Or it could be a season where you lived a certain place and had to move. We can squall and bawl or decide to accept and embrace the new season. If we accept it, I believe God will open new opportunities to be used by Him.

Right now I am enjoying the season of being a grandparent. My grandchildren are therapy and comic relief in my life and I enjoy being with them. It helps me stay young at heart. I love when they come over to visit and we color, blow bubbles, play with playdoh, Barbies, or board games. Sometimes we watch their favorite DVD's or make jaunts to Incredible Pizza, Game Stop, Braums, or Super Walmart.  I love making them chocolate chips pancakes for breakfast after they had a sleepover at my house and smores over the fire pit on a cool evening. The other day my granddaughter said I was her "BFF." For those of you who need to brush up on your texting terms that means I am her best friend forever! That alone was worth moving into this wonderful season of life.


Make a decision today to move forward in your life and embrace the new season and remember that most of life is every day and you want to enjoy each and every day that you have in this lifetime!

Comments

Popular Posts