What a Kodak Moment Means to me





Last week was the big pre-holiday event for our family. It was the annual family Christmas photo shoot. Trying to get three families plus a photographer all at the same place at the same time is a feat in itself! 

First we have to find a date that works, that required several emails, texts, Facebook inbox messages and phone calls. After the date was set we had to agree upon a location for the picture and that required more emails, texts, Facebook inbox messages, and phone calls. Third decision was what our clothing color theme would be this year. That required more emails, texts, Facebook inbox messages and phone calls.

When we all met at the designated site everyone was in the right colors, hair combed just right and all ready or so I thought. My youngest grandson is shy and didn’t want to look at the photographer or the camera. Another grandchild was in the not smiling phase of life. Some shots were with eyes closed and other with mouths open, some were looking down and others were looking up. For me "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" so I thought all the pictures looked great!



We have been doing this for almost 20 years and each year I ask myself, is it worth all the effort.  The answer is always a resounding yes. When we started taking the family picture my first daughter was married and pregnant with our first grandchild and he is now in college. There is no way we can stop time and tell our children and grandchildren to quit growing up so fast. A photo is a way to not stop time but capture the moment of the different ages and seasons of life. I am the type person that lives in the now but at the same time I want to capture and remember those special moments of the past.  So for me I will keep making those yearly photo shoot appointments and I believe it is all well worth the effort.



Until next time, remember that most of life is “everyday.”


Comments

Popular Posts