I Confess - I Love to Make Lists



I have been a list person my whole life. I make lists for grocery shopping, errands, things to do around the house, ministry projects, personal projects, goals, books I have read and want to read, blog post ideas, scrapbook projects, and the list goes on. When I finish a job or project I love to check it off my list.



My Day-Timer has been my favorite organizer for at least 30 years but I decided this year I would avail myself to the apps on my iPhone 4 and use the note and list app. Well, I think I am having withdrawal from my Day-Timer! I find myself reaching in my purse to write something down and feel this sense of loss when I find it is not there. I was using the app reminder on appointments and it would startle me when it went off.  But I am trying make this adjustment to a more electronic approach to planning my day.

I confess that I am also a "hard copy" sort of woman. Having vital information on the computer and not having a copy of it just doesn't set well with me.  After having a couple computers crash I took my daughters advise and have a backup system for all my files. She has me using Carbonite for my computer backup. I still remember when they thought I had lost over 10,000 pictures that were stored on my computer. I pleaded with the computer technician to please find those pictures as there were pictures of each of my grandchildren from birth to 18 years old, weddings, special anniversaries of ours and my parents, family vacations, and many more memorable events. At first he said, "Lady, the files are gone!" and then I believe God gave him an idea to try one more thing and he was able to find my photos!

I doubt if I will quit making lists or quite making copies as that is part of my type A personality but I know I can save some trees by not using so much paper in a year.

My family and Facebook friends, after seeing some of my frustrated status updates, encouraged me to order my Day-Timer refills for this year and also begin to use some of iPhone apps to get use to them. As one niece said, "It is hard to go cold turkey on something you have done for 30 years."


So with that wise advise,  I ordered my refills and I'm looking forward with anticipation for that little box to come in the mail that has a Day-Timer return address label! 







Comments

  1. You are precious! I am glad you are transitioning a little slower, that will help you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts