No One is Plain Vanilla

A few months ago a person was trying to describe someone to me and finally in frustration said, "the person is just plain vanilla." In other words they were saying the person was non-descriptive. I thought about that for some time and it bothered me because I know in God's eyes we are all wonderfully made. Psalm 139:14 "Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! It is amazing to think about. Your workmanship is marvelous - how well I know it."


We are all valuable! No one has the same fingerprint as mine or the same DNA. With seven billion people in the world that is pretty amazing! 

Here are some quotes from Max Lucado's book, You Are Special.
  • You are the only you God made...God made you and broke the mold.
  • You weren't an accident. You weren't mass produced. You aren't an assembly-line product. You were deliberately planned, specifically gifted, and lovingly positioned on the earth by the Master Craftsman.
  • If God had a refrigerator, your picture would be on it. If He had a wallet, your photo would be in it. He sends you flowers every spring and a sunrise every morning...Face it, friend. He is crazy about you!
When I go to the ice cream shop I ask for single dip vanilla ice cream with hot fudge, whip cream, nuts, and maraschino cherry on top. When I begin to eat it I don't just taste vanilla ice cream but I enjoy the favor of all that was added. Our gifts, talents, and abilities are what God has added to give flavor to our life. 



We need to enjoy the people in our lives and not just tolerate them. I believe we are to see people as special and valuable because that is how God sees them. The next time you meet someone for the first time make a decision to see them as wonderfully made. You may even want to compliment them on something that stands out to you about them.  Let's value others and remember no one is plain vanilla!

Comments

Popular Posts