What I Learned Shopping with the Younger Generation.

Recently I went shopping with my daughter and niece to buy decoration for my other daughter's baby shower. I realized real quick what an education that was going to be! 

I was thinking totally different types of decorations than Lisa and Cindi were thinking. Shana is having a boy and they wanted to have mustache and necktie decorations along with balloons and paper lanterns. I wasn't quite sure where they were going but the more they discussed their ideas the more I began to see that baby shower decorations have definitely changed!

I think what I learned is that when three generations go shopping, you have to do away with old generational thinking and be open to the ideas of the new generation. I found myself beginning to catch the theme idea and began to get almost as excited as Lisa and Cindi. My 6-year-old granddaughter Miss Kate was also with us and every once in a while she would even give her 2 cents worth on the decoration theme.

I believe this applies to so many areas of our life. I don't want to be the type person that says, "Well in my day we did it this way or that way." Especially in areas of life that are not critical to our belief system or values.

Here are a few pictures of a modern-day shower for a baby boy! It was very festive and a lot of fun! Sometimes we just need to chill and have a good time and not act our age!!

This is the three-generational team that went shopping together
Having a fun time at the baby shower!
My daughter Lisa and granddaughter Kate.
My daughter Lisa and niece Cindi - the party organizers.
 
After everyone left Shana's husband Matt let us take a picture of him.

My sweet husband even humored me and took an after shower photo!


Comments

Popular Posts