The America I Remember When I Was Growing Up


I love my country and I was recently reflecting on the patriotism that I experienced as a child.


Growing up in a small town we always started our school day with the pledge of allegiance to the American flag. I can still remember how we all stood and faced the flag with our hand on our heart and said these words:

   

We also had a picture of George Washington our first president in our elementary classrooms and learned American history.


We learned the lyrics of great patriotic songs like Star-Spangled Banner, America the Beautiful, God Bless America, and My Country tis of Thee

 
There were parades and fireworks and everyone was glad to be an American! 



I remember there were respect and honor for our military men and women.  



If you love American and believe in America it is important to pray for our nation as never before! We were founded on godly principles and as a nation, we have to return to our faith in God. This scripture is a promise from God's word that we can stand on for our nation.


 

Comments

Popular Posts