How I became a "scrapper."



I began to scrapbook several years ago when my parents moved to Oklahoma and brought several boxes to my home and said that because I hadn't moved for over 20 years they would like me to be the keeper of the family pictures, slides, and memorabilia. I put those boxes in a closet and didn't even go through them for a few years. When I was cleaning closets I came across the boxes and decided to transfer them into nice plastic bins to keep them from deteriorating. As I began to view the pictures I realized that my family heritage laid in those boxes.

In 2001 my daughter Lisa met a lady who liked to scrapbook and she offered to teach us.  We went to her home with a few pictures and some 12x12 paper and entered the world of scrappers! She told us about supplies and tools and they were very simplistic back then compared to what all you can purchase today.
 
 I heard about Creative Memories and went to a couple classes they offered and purchased many of their supplies. After that, I bought some scrapbook magazines for ideas and the rest is history.

What I like best in the scrapbook process:
  •   Journaling is my favorite part of being a scrapper.
  •  Secondly, I enjoy all the pictures for the project and enjoy the memory of each photo portrays.
  •  Thirdly I really enjoy adding the embellishments. I have purchased many throughout the last few years and can draw from my stash.  
  • Last but not least is the paper background and trim. My niece Cindi is my scrapbook buddy and she helps me with paper colors as she is much better at this than I am.


There are many reasons I scrapbook  but some of the basic reasons are:
  • It preserves family memories.
  • It strengthens our family ties.
  • It provides me with a creative outlet.
  • To not forget in this fast pace and busy world we live in that family is important and all the memories we share.
  • The process and finish product are rewarding.
  • I enjoy creating these life memories for my loved ones.  

Here are a few sample pages from my grandchildren's scrapbooks.








Comments

Popular Posts