Scrapbooking is not for the Faint of Heart

When I scrapbook I find that often memories that come forth are good, bad, and ugly.

I am finishing up my husband's scrapbook and I love the photos of him when he was a child living on a farm in Iowa. I didn't know him then but the pictures told a story within themselves. 

When I moved forward in the scrapbook to his military days I found myself remembering how we met, the long-distance dating for two years. After we got engaged he took me to meet his family in Iowa. During our visit, he received a call from his airbase that his leave was canceled and to get back to Michigan ASAP as he was going to be sent overseas!! We were planning a fall wedding in my hometown and already had my wedding dress picked out, wedding invitations ready to order.

We talked about it and made the decision to get married before he left. It was a beautiful church wedding! The small farm community came together and everything was perfect. They put an article in the paper about our wedding.

When he left for Taiwan and then on Vietnam, I began to have some sad dreams and would wake up crying. All of those emotions came back to me as I scrapbooked those pages. I was so grateful that he did come back and we are about to celebrate our 55th wedding anniversary!
Our wedding day

My handsome airman

This article on our wedding was in the local paper 




Comments

Popular Posts