Kids Say the Darndest Things

When I was growing up there was a popular show on television hosted by Art Linkletter called, "Kids Say the Darndest Things." Art would have several children on his show and he would talk with them and begin to ask them questions and they would give answers that were not only funny but often times very embarrassing for their family. The children weren't trying to be funny or cause embarrassment to their family, they were just being kids and seeing things from the perspective of a child.  This video is well worth the watch and wait until you see the end!


As a parent and grandparent I have certainly experienced that with my children and grandchildren. I will tell you a recent situation. My five year old granddaughter was over at my house and I was getting ready to go somewhere so I was fixing my hair and putting on my make-up. She wanted to talk to me while I was getting ready.


I had changed my hairstyle last year and was trying to learn how to use a flat iron to straighten my hair.  My hair has some natural curl so it takes awhile to get it straight and smooth. I felt I was mastering the flat iron but my granddaughter didn't see it that way. I had straightened the sides, top and back and asked her how it looked. She looked it over and instead of saying it looked great she said, "It looks kind of bumpy." That was not the comment I was looking for.  So I got a mirror out and looked at the back and had to agree with her, it wasn't looking that good.  

I would have hoped that was the end of the story but she made another comment that really got my attention. As I once again began to section off my hair and lift the flat iron up to my hair, she made another comment. She touched my upper arm and said, "When you fix your hair your arm is rumbling." So I looked in the mirror and watched my arm rumble as I fixed my hair. 

I had been feeling pretty good about walking several times a week at the mall, but after the comment on bumpy hair and rumbling upper arms I think I need to carry some 2 lb weights with me on my walks and firm up those rumbling arms of mine!

Like I said, "Kids say the darndest things."
  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts