This is the Best Day of my Life!

The expression, "This is the best day of my life." has become my five year old granddaughter Kate's favorite saying.

Kate Elizabeth loves to pose for the camera


Last weekend we took her with us to a beautiful wedding and throughout the ceremony she kept smiling and whispering to me those sweet words,"This is the best day of my life!" 

I have noticed that she doesn't just use this express for special occasions but even for day in and day out activities. 
Enjoying her Play-Doh creation

Enjoying an ice cream cone

Enjoying dressing up for a school activity



I thought, wouldn't it be wonderful if we all would have that attitude in life that everyday was going to be the best day of our life. One time someone told me that life is what you make it and I believe Katie has decided that she is going to enjoy life and let everyday be special. 

Sometimes as adults we can begin to let each day become mundane and not look for what is best in that 24 hours.  God has given us the wonderful gift of life and I believe He wants us to live life to the fullest.


There is a wonderful promise in God's word in John 10:10 Amplified Bible - "....I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance, to the full, till it overflows." 

Some other words for joy:
  • Delight
  • Gladness
  • Pleasure
  • Happiness
  • Satisfaction
  • To enjoy means to live in happiness. 
  • To enjoy one's self is to feel pleasure or satisfaction in one's own mind or to relish the pleasures in which one partakes.
Here are a few enjoy life sayings:
  • Enjoy life. This is not a dress rehearsal.
  • As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round.
  • Every minute should be enjoyed and savored.
  • Goodness of heart is life to a man, joy is what gives him length of days.
  • Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling.

We all have a choice to enjoy life or not enjoy this life here on earth. I think I am going to adopt Katie's attitude and to begin to believe that everyday is the best day of my life! 

Kate & I enjoying her princess/pirate birthday party


Comments

Popular Posts