My Husband - Mr. Calm, Cool, and Collected

I have always loved his smile!
Today is Valentine’s Day and a great day to tell you about my wonderful loving husband who I will refer to as Mr. Calm, Cool, and Collected. He is everything I am not which I believe is a good thing. He sees things from a total different perspective than I do. He paces himself and I have a hard time saying “no” so therefore fill my schedule too full. He walks in peace most of the time and I work on being at peace. He views situations in a more logical manner and I view things from an emotional viewpoint. I believe opposites are attracted to one another and God knew what I needed in a husband and brought this wonderful man in my life almost 5o years ago.

He has never spoken cutting, unkind words to me. He always believes the best in me. He has also been my best cheerleader when I start new ministry or personal projects.

I have been blessed to not only be his wife for 47 years but also work alongside him in ministry for almost 30 years. The first ten years of ministry we shared the same office. With our different personalities I am sure it was more difficult for him than it was for me. 

He is not only a wonderful husband but a family man. Our life is mainly ministry and family. Our children, grandchildren, and extended family are very important to him. We love ministry but we also love our family time. It is our time of refreshing and good for our souls!
Day trip with three grandsons, Jansen, Jonathan, and Zachary
Jerry swinging with granddaughter Kate and grandson Owen
Jerry at Brook's graduation party
As I type this blog we are on the way to Nebraska for a family funeral. We got about 2 hours down the road and stopped for coffee and Jerry noticed that his suit is not with our hang-up clothes.  I got all in a tizzy and tell him we will have to go back home which would add several hours to our trip or call one of my daughters to see if she can overnight it to us. Jerry simply said I will either wear casual clothes to the funeral or go shopping when we get there and buy a new pair of dress slacks, shirt, and tie which he said he could use anyway. He had a much more peaceful and less stressful solution to the situation. (By the way, we did find a mall and purchased Jerry some clothes for the funeral!)

I am so thankful for my wonderful calm, cool, and collective husband! He is just right for me!!
Jerry at Veteran's Museum in Branson, Mo.

Me and Mr. Calm, Cool, and Collected!

Comments

  1. He is definitely an awesome guy! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentines Day to a great couple. Your post are sweet and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts