Meet my Technical Support Team

I was fifty years old before I got my first computer at the office and then a hand-me-down computer for home. I was comfortable using a typewriter which I know some of the younger generation have never seen. I found computers very intimating and wasn't sure I wanted to leap into the computer world.  Several years have passed and I now have a laptop at home, a computer at the office and an iPhone. I am on Facebook, Pinterest, and I am a blogger.

This modern technology is great but I realized I needed help operating it and keeping it updated. That is where the younger generation excels so I asked for help.

Lisa, Cindi, Leanna, and Shana


When I got my first computer my daughter Shana installed my software and walked me through how to use it.  She made things easy by giving me a bookmark toolbar so I can find things easily. She has received numerous SOS's when I had problems, especially when two used computers crashed. I finally decided to invest in a new one and that has really helped my daughter not get my distressing phone messages.  She still does my computer and iPhone updates which is such a blessing.

When the iPhone came out, I heard how wonderful they were and how I could get my home and office emails in a timely fashion as well as avail myself to all those wonderful apps! My niece Leanna was the one who came over and set up my first iPhone and gave me a tutorial on how to use it.  She works in the same building as I do and also has come to my rescue several times when I get lost in an Excel project and helps me organize my files.  She just shakes her head at my system or should I say lack of system as I navigate around the computer. 
These beautiful ladies are cousins and also best friends

My niece Cindi helps me with Publisher and Power Point.  She fine tunes my monthly ministry newsletter and just put together a wonderful power point presentation we will be doing for a conference in Chicago. She is also my scrapbook buddy and recently started doing digital scrapbooking. I watched her and thought to myself, "please don't make me learn how to do that!" Right now I am almost two years behind on the birthday scrapbook I wanted to give my daughter when she turned 40!

Then there is my other daughter Lisa who was the one who set me up on Facebook and encouraged me to blog.  She gave me about four blog lessons and I think I need a few more.  Last night I was trying to upload pictures and it wasn't happening even though I followed her written directions. Bless her heart she will get an SOS text today!  Lisa also encouraged me to get on Pinterest as I was not happy with the pictures I would see when I googled images for my blog.  There again she gave me some lessons and I am doing pretty good there.  I have lots and lots of blog images and quotes on boards ready to use. But I also have a lot of recipes on Pinterest boards and have not made a single one! What's with that!?!

Last but not least is a woman who is actually in my generation and she helps me compile a quarterly directory with all our 800+ connect groups.  She is very through in getting the corrections from about 30 people and then she formats all those changes to come up with a fifteen page directory. She has been doing it for several years and I so appreciate her!


My sweet friend Nancy
There - now you have met the awesome ladies who have made my life so much easier in this technological world we live in! 

With the help from these precious ladies I can now...


Comments

  1. Oh Lynn, you do sooo well with it all! However, I can definitely relate. My help-mate is my daughter, who, despite some "oh Mom" comments and eye-rolling, very patiently walks me through all the steps needed to complete my task. Just don't know how *they* get it so easily and we don't. Perhaps all our brain space is taken up with many, many years of having to master previous technologies introduced in our lifetime. I remember how I viewed the introduction of the IBM Selectric typewriter as AMAZING after using the old clang/return lever on the one I learned on :) Keys sticking and all that came with it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts