Tea Time

I have English heritage on my mother's side and have always loved English teacups and have a nice little collection. I started to save them when I was given two of my grandma's teacups. Here are a few in my collection.

Beautiful delicate teacups
Pretty English teacups
Two of these were my grandma's teacups
Some of these cups were gifts

For years I would just display them on a rotating basis. But a couple years ago I decided to start using some of them on a limited basis for women's events at my house and also for my evening tea. I do believe the tea tastes so much better in an English teacup!
 
I love several flavors of tea but my favorite is Earl Grey, English Teatime, and Constant Comment. I have also added a new tea Celestial green tea with white tea for smooth taste.

My sweet granddaughter Katie recently saw me drinking my evening tea and has decided when she comes over that she wants drink her iced tea in my teacups. So we have had a few little tea parties. 
Kate sipping tea
Her first time to use my English teacups
Kate enjoying her spot of tea!

I do believe there are some things we need to save and display only and the two teacups that were my grandmas would fit in that category. However, I also think we should sometimes treat ourselves and use the nice china, nice teacups, nice this and nice that!

Now the next step for tea time is to learn how to make crumpets!



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts