Last but Not Least

My youngest grandson turned 3 years old,  April 23. He has such a sweet spirit and I love being around him.  I had the privilege of watching him on Mondays the last two school years and needless to say we really bonded!

He is a very sweet natured little boy

He walks in the door on Monday and begins to let me know what he wants to do that day.  We usually play Matchbox cars, Fisher Price little people, PlayDoh, draw, color, and put together puzzles. Then we go outside and blow bubbles, kick soccer balls and hit golf balls.  We also watch Backyardigans, Blues Clues, Toy Story 3 and Super Why.  One day my husband asked me, "Are you Owen's playmate?" I told him I think I am because each week he will ask me the same question when he gets here, "Memaw, play with me?" 


Owen loved the car we got him for Christmas last year


I know that this is probably the last grandchild so our time together is bittersweet and I cherish each Monday. 


This little fellow and all my other grandchildren have helped me regain the childhood I lost. (That story is for another blog in the future). Thank you Owen for bringing such joy to my life!

Comments

Popular Posts