What Happened to my Simple Redecorating Project?



This spring I decided to redecorate a bedroom and turn it back into a guest room after being a grandchildren play area. I had a nice trundle day bed in the room to allow for more floor space for toys. 

I decided I wanted twin beds and not a queen bed in the room as when the grandsons come over for sleepovers they will sleep in the same room but absolutely not in the same bed! So the room has to function for guests and grandsons.  


Finding the beds was not a big deal but finding the bedding was very difficult.  I didn't realize that most twin bedding is more juvenile and not for adults.  My daughter and I shopped at four stores before we finally found something.  We were ready to be done and grabbed them up. We thought we had bought comforters but they ended up being duvet covers. So that meant another trip to the store for non-allergic down comforters. Then, the first set was too flat so I had to return them and purchase more expensive ones to have them fit right in the duvet covers.


My daughter asked me what colors I wanted to go with for the bedding and room decor. I wanted something neutral that would be nice for guests and yet not to fancy for grandsons.  We went with solid colors of teal, brown and beige.


Color charts are not my favorite thing to review
The room needed a chair so I moved the chair from another room that my granddaughter calls her room where she has her dollhouse, Barbies and DVDs and TV.  It is also the room I call my office/scrapbook room.  She came over and looked around and said, "Mimi, where is my favorite chair I sit in when I watch TV!"  She couldn't understand why I would move her chair out of her room.  Somehow I think I will be purchasing another chair for the guest room and give Katie back her chair.


So needless to say the room that we started to redecorate at the beginning of the summer is still not complete. I will probably have to wait until fall break for my daughter to do decor shopping. Talk about a work in progress!  When it is finished, hopefully before the end of the year, I will post some pictures of what "real-life re-decorating" looks like at our house!

Comments

Popular Posts