Zachary, my prophetic grandson

Zachary is our second oldest grandson. His birthday is today and he is 14 years old.  A handsome young man with dark brown hair and brown eyes, 6ft 1 inch tall and wears a size 13 shoe!
Zachary 

His first name Zachary means the Lord has remembered, spiritually awakened, and humble before God. His middle name Michael means who is like God esteemed one, and like unto the Lord.
Zach and his mom Lisa

He was such a good-natured baby and toddler and had a sweet spirit and still does.

He was a precious baby boy!
He was a happy little boy!
He was quite an engineer when he was about 4 years old and loved Thomas the Tank Engine.  I don't know how many times he took the track apart and put it back together and each time it was configured just a little bit different.

I told him the other day I was working on a blog about him to post on his birthday and that I titled it Zachary, my prophetic grandson. He asked me what I meant by that and I said you have always been black and white with no gray area on your views on things. He then said, "that is the truth, things are either right or wrong!"

Here is a picture of the three amigos, Zach and his brother Jonathan, and his cousin Jansen. They have hung out together through the years and been great buddies.
The three amigos, Jansen, Zach, and Jonathan
Fun day at the Lego Store
Zach has a heart for the things of God and loves to read his Bible, and highlight scriptures that speak to his heart and memorize scriptures. He also journals his spiritual journey through life.   

I see him becoming content with who he is and the gifts that God has given him.  He has always had a great ability to photograph people and get the emotion in their faces. I would sometimes give the grandchildren disposal cameras at Christmas and let them take random pictures.  Zachary always had the best photos and I had many of them developed.  He is using that gift this year and became a photographer for his school field trips for the yearbook.

Like all children, he played sports. We went to many basketball games he had.  But the sport that he is becoming very proficient in is golf.  His dad is a golfer so they often go golfing together or as a family.  Last summer his dad took him along with another family member and they were both impressed with Zachary's golfing ability at only 13 years of age.
Big  brother
Styling on the golf course! I love this smile!

He also likes to fish, but often finds himself helping his younger brother and sister bait the hooks or reel in their catch. 
Family fishing time.

His prophetic side comes out when his sister Kate who is nine years younger begins to imply she is a princess.  All of the family humor her except at times Zach will tell her, "Katie remember you are not a REAL princess." He once again tells it like it is!
Zachary, Kate, and Jonathan
Typical boy getting behind the wheel of a car at the car show!


This birthday my husband gave Zachary a 22 single shotgun that was handed down from his dad. He is taking classes to learn to shoot and plans to have a get together with friends and the men in the family to go to the shooting range.  

As I was going through pictures of previous birthdays I thought what happened to the birthday party theme of Thomas the Tank, Rescue Heros, Legos, Super Heros, and Star Wars and then I realized my grandson is growing into a young man and going to the shooting range sounds like something cool for a 14-year-old boy to do!!
Gone are the days of putting your little brother in a toy bin!

Gone are the days of climbing on the playgroup equipment.
Here are a few pictures of different phases of Zach growing up!






   

Happy Birthday Zachary! I look forward to seeing what all God has in store for your future.  I know it will be awesome just like you!!




 




Comments

  1. Love it! This is a great post. Of course, I might be a little biased... =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts