A Relaxed Attitude will Lengthen your Life


I am a doer by nature but there are times I need to stop and smell the roses! This morning I wanted to get my laundry going, run to the grocery store and get ready for afternoon meetings. I stopped just long enough to take a cup of coffee out on my deck and sit in my swing and listen to the water flowing out of my water fountain, chimes moving in the breeze, and birds chirping in my yard. I wasn't out there long but when I came in I realized how I need to do that more often. Proverbs 14:30 - "A relaxed attitude will lengthen your life."

I don't have a green thumb but I do enjoy my flower beds and rely on someone else helping me plant and keep them alive. With the hot Oklahoma summers it is a big job to keep everything green and lush.
 



Here is my little haven of rest and relaxation:







We all have full schedules, places to go, people to see, and things to do but we also need at times to recharge and refresh our souls! 

You are welcome to comment on this blog and let me know if this was helpful.
 

Comments

Popular Posts