How to Get Out of a Scrapbook Slump


I started to scrapbook for fourteen years. About 2 years ago I began to find myself in a scrapbook slump. There were several reasons. I had made an album for my daughter's 40th birthday and one for my grandson when he graduated from high school. I got carried away and put more pages in the albums than I should have. The binders were not staying closed and I had to begin to reduce the number of pages. The second thing I did was put many original pictures in those two albums and two other heritage albums.

I bought a new printer that had a scanner and found myself taking pictures out of these albums that I couldn't find in my picture file on my computer and scanning many of those photos. When I was finished my albums were a mess!

My niece Cindi, my scrapbook buddy, gave me a pep talk and I began the laborious job of redoing those albums. 

I needed fresh inspiration so I checked out Pinterest scrapbook ideas and perused some old scrapbook magazines. Recently I was able to finish my daughter's album and am now working to downsize my grandsons. 

Another thing I did was rearrange my scrapbook closet. I have my supplies in a nice array and easy access and I no longer dread going into that walk-in closet.  I brought all my albums out of the closet that I am working on and displayed them in a bookcase so I would see them every time I was on my computer in my scrapbook room. I think out of sight out of mind was in play in this situation. Now I look at those assorted albums in different stages of completion and feel like I finally see light at the end of the tunnel!




The last couple of times my grandchildren have been over they want to look at their in-process albums or their siblings. I had the idea that I had to hide them in the closet until the big reveal but found my grandchildren enjoy my process.  Recently my six-year-old grandson made me two pictures and added a sticker sheet to my gift from him. I realized if those albums had been hidden away he would not have thought of that sweet gift of a sheet of the stickers for his Memaw!



So if you are in a slump in your scrapbooking I encourage you to find ways to inspire yourself to get back preserving those family memories!

Comments

  1. thank you for saying it's ok to downsize those albums that have every photo that should never have been scrapbooked in the first place!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts