Attitudes are Contagious


  





It is important to have an attitude check on a regular basis. You need to ask yourself if attitudes are contagious is yours worth catching?

I don't have attitude issues very often but my husband and I agree that when I get extremely tired I can get a little testy. It is at that time that I need to zip the lip and not say anything I will regret.

Definition of attitude - manner, disposition, feeling, position, etc, with regard to a person or thing; tendency or orientation, especially of the mind: a negative attitude, group attitude.

Here are six  negative attitudes you need to guard against:

1. Don't get into comparisons - II Corinthians 10:12 - Oh, don't worry, we wouldn't dare say that we are as wonderful as these other men who tell you how important they are! But they are only comparing themselves with each other, using themselves as the standard of measurement. How ignorant!

2. Don't be critical - Psalm 1:1 - Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked, or stand around with sinners, or join in with mockers.

3. Don't be prideful - Proverbs 16:18 -   Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before fall.

4. Don't get weary - Galatians 6:9 - So let's not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't give up.

5. Don't get into works of the flesh - Galatians 3:3 - How foolish can you be? After starting your Christian lives in the Spirit, why are you now trying to become perfect by your own human effort?

6. Don't be a man-pleaser - I Samuel 15:24b - Then Saul admitted to Samuel, "Yes, I have sinned. I have disobeyed your instructions and the Lord's command, for I was afraid of the people and did what they demanded.

I hope this blog helped you and would love for you to become a follower and feel free to share a comment.



 

Comments

  1. Lynn's Sister: LaurieOctober 18, 2018 at 1:51 PM

    I remember, rather early in our Christian life, when we had a family get together and someone brought a Family Feud game. Within 20 minutes of adults playing the attitudes had tanked! Thankfully, Jerry (Blogger's husband) had the wisdom and good sense to retire Family Feud from his family game closet. We all laughed and learned a good lesson!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts