My Healthy Weight Loss Journey



I have always been in overall good health and didn't have a weight issue for the majority of my life. I weighted 135 when I got married and I am 5 feet 8 inches. 

When I was in my mid 20's I had two pregnancies within 15 months of each other. After my daughters were born I decided to attend Weight Watcher to get rid of the excess pregnancy weight. Back in the 70's Weight Watcher was all about small portions, lots of tuna and liver once a week. I did lose the excess weight and became a lifetime member.

I was able to keep it off until the menopause years. My husband and I were in full-time ministry and was basically on call 24-7, 365 days a year. Once our girls got married we found ourselves eating out 1 or 2 times a day. We would ask each other "what sounds good" when we should have asked each other "what is good for us." 

When we retired I began to scrapbook more and would see pictures from previous years and one day I had a wake-up call and told my husband I was going back to Weight Watcher as I realized how "pudgy" I had gotten.

So in the fall of 2016, I attended my first meeting and it didn't take me long to realize Weight Watcher had come a long way in making weight loss not just about eating lots of tuna and denying yourself foods you like. 

Here are some of the things I love about Weight Watcher which is now called WW (Wellness Works).



1. When your goal weight is set you are given so many food points a day that will keep you in a healthy weight loss range.

1. Digital tracking of food and exercise. I have the WW digital app on my phone and also have my exercise tracked through my WW app. 

2. Weekly workshops to discuss topics that are relevant to our lifestyle and pursuit of healthy weight loss.


4. WW has endorsed the American Heart Association recommendation of 30 minutes a day of cardio exercise five days a week and 10,000 steps a day.

5. I can continue to attend the meetings after I reach my goal and have a weekly support group.



Here are my before and after pictures. I lost 60 lbs and continuing to follow this healthy lifestyle!







Comments

Popular Posts