Seven Easy Steps to Start a Scrapbook Project


One of my goals, when I retired, was to do one blog a month and scrapbook on a regular basis. 

I recently finished a three-generation scrapbook on my side of the family and now doing a three-generation scrapbook on my husband's side of the family. 

We all have our own way of organizing all the things we need to have before we start. For me, it starts with a storyline. For my husband's it will be his baby and toddler pictures, followed by 1st through 12th grade. He was raised on a farm so that theme will come through in many ways. Throughout those pages, I have also added siblings, parents, and grandparents. Then I will move to his Air Force days and his time in Taiwan and Vietnam. 

My steps to get started:

  • Storyline
  • Finding pictures that relate 
  • Finding memorabilia on this storyline 
  • Choosing the paper and as this is for my husband I chose neutral colors like beige, brown shades, greens, and blues. Needless to say, all the pastel flowery paper will not work for this particular scrapbook.   
  • Choosing embellishments with this storyline
  • I have Creative Memory albums with plenty of pages and page protector 
  • I type my journal boxes and don't add them until the pages relating to my storyline are completed

Here is a little snippet of this scrapbook project.

My husband with his parents and four sisters

My husband and his dad






Comments

Popular Posts