Transition is Part of Life



This summer we are experiencing a lot of transition in our family. We have 19 family members here in Tulsa and 9 of them are moving out of state. Because we are close-knit and not just family but also friends we have had to mentality and emotionally work our way through this family transition.

My niece's husband was offered a promotion and it required him to move to Louisiana. That accounts for a niece and her husband, 2 great-nieces, and my sister.

My daughter and son-in-love and their two youngest children Owen age 10 and Finnley age 6 will be leaving for Montana.

That leaves only 10 of us still here in Oklahoma!

I have to admit I was struggling with this. One day I went to my husband and said I might as well give the grandson's toys to Goodwill as they won't be here to play with them. I burst into tears and my sweet husband took me in his arms and hugged me real close and began to pray for me. That was my turning point. As I had my daily devotional I began to see so many scriptures on joy and rejoicing. God began to soothe me with His Word. The bottom line was I went through a grieving process but found it was too heavy for me. I am a positive person who starts my day with Psalm 118-24 "This is the day the Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it." It was affecting my sleep habits and found myself crying way too much!! In my daily devotionals, I began to see so many scriptures on rejoicing and I began to claim those scriptures for myself. 
This is my daughter with my youngest grandchildren Owen and Finnley


If you are going through transition I encourage you to claim these scriptures.

Romans 15:13 - May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Nehemiah 8:10 - Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.

Isaiah 35:10 - Gladness and joy will overtake them, and sorrow and sighing will flee away.

John 16:22 - You will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy.

Psalm 30:5 - Weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.

Romans 14:17 - For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit.

John 15:11 - These things I have spoken to you that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.

Psalm 16:11 - You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forever.

Psalm 32:11 - Be glad in the Lord and rejoice, O righteous and shout for you, all you upright in heart!

Philippians 4:4 - Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say rejoice.

Romans 12:15 - Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep.

I Thessalonians 5:16 - Rejoice always

Philippians 3:1 - Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord.

Psalm 40:16 - Let all who seek You rejoice and be glad in You.

 


Comments

Popular Posts