The Fruit of the Spirit Goodness - Galatians 5:22-23 - Part 6




FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT - GOODNESS 

There is a scripture that says "I would have fainted unless I had believed in the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living."

Goodness means "the quality of being morally good or virtuous. " Goodness is action; it's not something we do only for the sake of being virtuous. In Greek, the word goodness, agathosune, means uprightness of heart and life. When we act out of true goodness of the heart, we are obedient to God's commandments and seek the benefit of others. The Hebrew word for Goodness, grace, charity, and mercy.

7 Scientific Facts About the Benefit of Doing Good:

Doing good decreases stress.

Doing good increases life-expectancy.

Doing good makes us feel better.

Doing good makes us happier at work.

Doing good promotes mental health.

Doing good leads to happiness.

Doing good will motivate you to do good again.

I don't know about you but after reading all the positive results of having goodness in your life makes you want to reach out immediately to show people this wonderful fruit of the spirit. 

I will close this blog with a few scriptures on Goodness:

Psalm 23:6 - Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

Romans 15:14 - I myself am convinced, my brothers and sisters, that you yourselves are full of goodness, filled with knowledge and competent to instruct one another.

Romans 12:21 - Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

2 Peter 1:5 - For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness, and to goodness, knowledge.

Ephesians 2:10 - For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.


















Comments

Popular Posts