The Fruit of the Spirit Peace - Galatians 5:22-23 - Part 3




FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT - PEACE 

If there was ever a time to seek peace in your life this would be the time as we are living in uncertain times!!

Peace is not a place but a state of being. Here a few definitions of peace: serenity, untroubled, tranquil, content, accord, order, calm, and repose. How many of these do you have in your life?

Just before I started this blog I checked my bank balance and saw where I was being charged twice for a chair we purchased for my husband. I called my bank immediately and they put a stop payment on one of the charges. I had to talk to myself when I saw that error and settled down and believed that it would be dealt with quickly and it was!

There are many things that can cause a lack of peace in our lives. In my case, it dealt with finances. Here are other things that can try to steal our peace: negative medical report, strained relationships, financial problems, traffic jams, car accidents, dental work, late-night phone calls, income tax time, storms or tornado warnings, lawsuits.

Some of the physical symptoms of stress are rapid heartbeat, headaches, cold sweats, a knot in the stomach, indigestion, depression, and tiredness. 

A few days ago I was watering my flower pots in the backyard and heard my name being called and I looked around my yard and saw a forehead at the top of my fence. It was a neighborhood lady who needed prayer as she was in a lot of stress, couldn't sleep, and in fear. I prayed for her and also had a group of ladies in my life that are great intercessors also pray for her. She is doing better and getting her peace back. 

I will close this blog with some scriptures references on peace.

Colossians 3:15 - Let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you are called in one body; and be thankful.

Isaiah 26:3 - You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You because he trusts in you.

Philippians 4:9b - The God of peace shall be with you.

Proverbs 14:30 - A relaxed attitude will lengthen your life.

I Peter 5:7 - Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.

Phillippians 4:6-7 - Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your request be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

If you are struggling with not having peace in your life I encourage you to read these scriptures out loud every day and if needed several times a day. You can also find more peace scriptures on Google.  

I would love to hear from my readers if this blog helped you find peace in your life.












Comments

Popular Posts