The Fruit of the Spirit Kindness - Galatians 5:22-23 - Part 5


FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT- KINDNESS
Kindness means having the quality of being friendly, generous, and considerate.  Being kind can strengthen your relationships, and sense of satisfaction in life. It is time to show kindness to others!

We are living in a world that at times seems, mean, harsh, hostile. It is up to us to see make a difference by showing kindness to others.

Some ways to show kindness takes opening your eyes and noticing others who are hurting or has a need. A smile, a kind word, opening a door, helping someone carry a heavy load. These may seem minor to you but often it is major to the person you help.

Years ago I joined a 30-day discipleship group called "Ten Brave Christians." I was a new believer in Jesus and had a lot of things that needed to be eliminated from my life. I committed to several things but the one that was the hardest for me was to do an unselfish act for a different person each day for 30 days. It didn't take me long to realize I was not as concerned about others as I was about myself. I am thankful that my eyes were opened to see the importance of not just being all about "me, myself, and I." There is a world of people that need someone  to show them kindness.

Kindness scriptures:

Ephesians 4:32 - Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

Proverbs 11:17 - A man who is kind benefits himself, but a cruel man hurts himself."

Proverbs 21:21 - Whoever pursues righteousness, and kindness will find life, righteousness, and honor.

Psalms 145:13 - You manifest yourself as kindness in all you do.

Colossians 3:12 - Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourself with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

I can remember when I was growing up my parents said, "If you can't say something nice don't say anything"!!! How much better life would be if we would heed the advice of our parents.









Comments

Popular Posts