December - Hustle and Bustle or Peace and Goodwill

For most of us December is the busiest month of the year. We probably attend more functions and host more functions in our home than any other month. 
 My Christmas reindeer notebook and snowman pen that help me get organized for the Christmas season

Every year I tell myself that I am going to get a jump start on all that needs to be done. I start by getting my Christmas notebook with a cute reindeer cover and a snowman pen with feathers on the top and that is where I begin to list what needs to get done. I have a page for each of these items and put in detail what I need to do in the areas of decorating, photo shoot, Christmas photo cards, Christmas letter, shopping, baking, cooking, events I will host and events I will attend, widow basket preparation and delivery.

After organizing my Christmas list I need to remember I still have the regular day to day activities to do in December. I need to do my laundry and ironing, grocery shop and cook, clean house, run errands, watch my grandson one day a week, and work my part-time job.



To not feel like the month is all hustle and bustle you need to have margins in your life. A margin is the space you leave around the edges of a paper you are writing. The margin makes the page easier or more enjoyable to read. In life a margin is space you leave around the events in your life. If you have these spaces in between your commitments you will do better physically, emotionally, and mentally. All you have to do is schedule extra time into your day in between commitments and leave yourself some margin. That way you are not always last minute or behind the curve on appointments or things you need to do. Those margins are what will give you the opportunity to enjoy the ride. 



Often I hear people say how stressed they are in December but it doesn't have to be that way. I recently read on a Bible cover, "I am too blessed to be stressed." I don't want to lose focus of the purpose I celebrate Christmas. It is the birth of Jesus my Lord and Savior.  It is an opportunity to allow me to show others the love of God. On the night Jesus was born the angels said, "Peace on earth and goodwill to men." What we need more than anything is to start and end the Christmas season with peace and goodwill. 

So Merry Christmas and remember that most of life is everyday!













Comments

Popular Posts