What Happened to Ms Conservative?

I have always been very conservative in most areas of my life such as views, clothes, hairstyles, music, home decor, and recreation.

I was going to update some of Christmas decorations as they were looking tired.  So my niece Cindi, who is an avid Christmas decoration fan, spoke up with an idea. She has ten Christmas trees with decorations for all of them and rotates them year by year. She suggested tree colors of chocolate brown, rust, and gold. Well, I really had to think about that because I am a red and green kind of girl. I finally decided to take the plunge and do something totally different. So this tree is in my main living area and it is much more elegant looking. 

Once in a while I miss the traditional colors and when I do I go into the second living area where I have a very traditional tree. Usually it has snowmen decorations but this year I went with lots of red and green.  I think I have the blending of conservative and less conservative decor this year and it is a nice change. 

I am glad I broadened my horizons and tried something new. If I hadn't I would have never known if I liked something totally different. It was a stretch for my conservative nature but it was worth it.

My niece recently posted a picture of one of her new trees this year and it is a white tree with turquoise colors and peacock feathers.  Now I am not sure that you will ever see that in my house but I admire her for her bold statement in Christmas decor.

Until next time, remember that most of life is everyday!

Comments

Popular Posts