How to Insulate your Life Against the Storms of Life.

I have my office/scrapbook/granddaughter's play area in a middle bedroom. I mentioned to my husband that I sometimes get a cold draft on my legs and needed to use a throw when I was at the computer. He said the reason was he hadn't added any insulation to that room because it was the middle bedroom.  He said the insulation in the attic had probably settled over the last 40 years.


I kept thinking about his comment and thought about the other energy-efficient things we had done a few years ago with thermal windows and vinyl siding. So here we were in December with Christmas right around the corner and I asked him about having some insulation blown into the attic. So we contacted my son-in-law at www.dowrenovations.com and asked him to see what we needed. He did the military crawl through the attic over the cathedral ceiling area to confirm we needed more insulation.  He set up a time to do the job. Since then I have noticed a marked difference in the room and also in the other parts of the house.


I thought about that project and how it reminded me of the importance of insulating our lives against the cold and windy storms of life. We need to inspect our lives and make a decision to take preventive measures. Sometimes it means going into tough places in our life to add some spiritual insulation to keep us from sinking very low or to the bottom. It may require doing a very uncomfortable military crawl in places we would rather not go.


For me these are some of the things that keep me spiritually insulated against the cold winds and storms of life:
  • Read the Word of God daily.
  • Pray daily for my family, friends, and others that God puts on my heart.
  • Be rightly related to others in the body of Christ.
  • Keep my heart right by not allowing offenses to take up residence in my life.
  • To not dwell on the past but live in the now and look forward to the future.
  • To be at peace with all people to the best of my ability. 
  • Reach out and do for others so I don't become self focused.
Just as Matt did the military crawl through my attic and it wasn't easy and it took effort in the end it benefited us greatly. I believe in the same way as I make sure my life is well insulated I will have energy efficiency to do all that I need and want to do to fulfill the plan God has for my life.


Jeremiah 29:11 - I know the plans I have for you says the Lord, they are for good and not for evil to give you a hope and a future.

Until next time remember most of life is everyday!







Comments

Popular Posts