Fear Not




Phil 4:6-7 ~ Don't be anxious about anything ~ In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen! <3
We are definitely living in a time that can cause fear and anxiety. When we began to hear about this Coronavirus and all that was happening in China we didn't take it too serious but when it began to move to other countries we took notice.

Here in America, most people began to overreact and cleared out the grocery stores of toilet paper, hand sanitizers, Clorox wipes paper towels and Kleenex.

The next phases were grocery shopping and once again clearing the shelves of bread, eggs, meat, frozen meals, water, and the list goes on.

I was way behind the curve as far as shopping goes. I make out my menus for the week and what ingredients I need and then head to the story. I was shocked to find many isles empty.  

Some ways to not open the door to fear and anxiety:

  • Don't be a news junkie
  • Don't dwell on negative thoughts
  • Keep your mind focused on positivity
  • Find things to do that brings peace to your mind
Here are some things that will keep your mind and emotions from going astray.
  • Work jigsaw and word puzzles.
  • Read something inspirational.
  • Work on a hobby (I love to scrapbook and I find my mind doesn't stray when I am making family memories.)
  • Reach out to others by phone and give them an encouraging word.
  • Start a group text so you can stay in touch with your friends.
  • Readout loud the scriptures in this blog to reach a place of peace.
Scriptures on Fear Not:
Psalm 27:1 The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

Psalm 46:1,2
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear.

Psalm 56:4
In God (I will praise His word); in God, I have put my trust; I will not fear. What can man do to me?

Proverbs 3:25,26
Do not be afraid of sudden terror, nor of trouble from the wicked when it comes; For the Lord will be your confidence, and will keep your foot from being caught.

Isaiah 54:14 
In righteousness you shall be established; you shall be far from oppression, for you shall not fear; and from terror, for it shall not come near you.

Daniel 10:19
O man greatly beloved, fear not! Peace be to you; be strong, yes, be strong:

2 Timothy 1:7
For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.












Comments

Popular Posts