I Use to Be a Rock and Roll Girl

This month is my 47th wedding anniversary and I had something happen recently that brought back many wonderful memories of our dating days.

Our wedding day May 30, 1965
I recently was added to a Facebook group that has information about the town I grew up in - Grayling, Michigan.  At first I was going to take myself off the group but as I saw some of the posts it really was a blast from the past.

Someone asked about a dance place the teenagers went to in Northern Michigan and before I knew it people were putting up pictures and websites and all kinds of information on this place called the Music Box in Prudenville, Michigan.

Here is the place we meet on June 1, 1963
This was the place I met the man of my dreams in 1963! In this crowded area Jerry came up to me and smiled and asked me if I would like to dance. I was drawn to the genuineness of his smile and we danced the rest of the evening. We would spend many weekends at this place dancing. We would do the twist, stroll, jive, swing, cha cha, and slow dance. It was much more innocent days than today. Truly all we did was dance!

When I saw this picture I thought I was so blessed my husband found me in this maze of teenagers!

We exchanged addresses as he was stationed at the Air Force Base about 250 miles from where I was living and working. We wrote letters back and forth for a while and then he asked if we could see each other again. When I saw him the second time I never looked around for anyone else. We dated for two years and got married just before he left for a year in Taiwan and Vietnam. Once he got back we have never been apart and this month will be our 47th wedding anniversary! 

Dating days!

I didn't have any pictures of the place we met but thanks to that Facebook group I was able to capture some pictures and history of the Music Box from the website. I had told my daughters about this place and finally was able to show them the pictures. Now when I scrapbook our dating days I will have photos to go with it! This place represented a very special time in my life when I was dating Mr. Calm, Cool, and Collected!!


My engagement picture to Mr. Calm, Cool, and Collected!


My husband, Mr Calm, Cool, and Collected, the man of my dreams!

Comments

  1. Awww! I love this!! The Music Box is nothing like I imagined in my head all these years!
    You and Uncle Jerry are such a wonderful role model of Godly marriage and beautiful love and romance that doesn't fade but only gets stronger and more wonderful as time goes on. Love you both!! Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts